|Wednesday: Allen Toussaint and Spanish Fort Early Voting: 1p-5p||30 Nov 2022||Wednesday||Allen Toussaint Boulevard & Spanish Fort Boulevard, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Thursday: Tchoupitoulas Marketplace Recall 10a-5p||01 Dec 2022||Thursday||Tchoupitoulas Street & Jefferson Avenue, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Thursday: Allen Toussaint and Spanish Fort Early Voting: 1p-5p||01 Dec 2022||Thursday||Allen Toussaint Boulevard & Spanish Fort Boulevard, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Friday: Mid City Marketplace Recall Orleans and Carrollton 10a-5p||02 Dec 2022||Friday||Orleans Ave & North Carrollton Avenue, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Friday: Allen Toussaint and Spanish Fort Early Voting: 1p-5p||02 Dec 2022||Friday||Allen Toussaint Boulevard & Spanish Fort Boulevard, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Wednesday: Mid City Marketplace Orleans and Carrollton 10a-5p||30 Nov 2022||Wednesday||Orleans Ave & North Carrollton Avenue, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Tuesday: Allen Toussaint and Spanish Fort Early Voting 1p-5p||29 Nov 2022||Tuesday||Allen Toussaint Boulevard & Spanish Fort Boulevard, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Tuesday: Tchoupitoulas Shopping Recall 10a-5p||29 Nov 2022||Tuesday||Tchoupitoulas Street & Jefferson Avenue, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Monday: Allen Toussaint and Spanish Fort Early Voting: 1p-5p||28 Nov 2022||Monday||Allen Toussaint Boulevard & Spanish Fort Boulevard, New Orleans, LA, USA|
|Monday: Mid City Marketplace Recall Orleans and Carrollton 10a-5p||28 Nov 2022||Monday||Orleans Avenue & North Carrollton Avenue, New Orleans, LA, USA|
Things to think about when you are considering whether you want more Latoya:
The mayor LITERALLY hasn’t been working!
- CRIME: Residents have asked for an effective crime plan since at least January 2022. We received a redeployment plan from two New York officers. Where’s the community policing plan?
- Lack of empathy for crime victims in the city (even after they ask for it) - The mayor sat on the side of the carjacker - never forget
- Police staffing shortages due to low morale and bad leadership
Juvenile Justice Intervention Center mismanagement
- Retaliation towards residents and businesses
Bayou Phoenix hold up
- Lincoln Beach hold up
- Gordon Plaza hold up, more excuses
- The inequity with enforcement under Claiborne Bridge
- Trash collection issues
- Lights around the city out
-Traffic lights still not working from Ida, more excuses
Affordable housing has received an F for the past THREE YEARS
- Code enforcement of large buildings compared to code enforcement of homeowners and during second lines
- NORD working so it benefits all residents
- Revenue and tax collection failures
- Issues with SWB billing (mayor is president of board)
- Giving up money through Wisner trust
- 9-1-1 software procurement failure
- Smart Cities contract mismanagement
- Blight remediation
- Capitol projects not moving. She's not around to move them
- French quarter security plan
- Not responding to the rape in the French Quarter
- City hall relocation (not talking to community)
- Target announcement premature
- Handling of consent decree
- No Mardi Gras?
- And the list goes on
These are a few of the reasons she needs to go and we're sure you can add more… Sign the recall.
We have a voice and we want a choice.
We are greater than she!
We need folks to help at our signings! If you have time or talents you would like to share, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for some social media gurus to help promote our mission, fund raisers, tech experts and very soon people to gather signatures those 54,000 signatures!
What is a Recall Party? Recall Parties are your events to get signatures for the Recall of LaToya Cantrell and you are in charge of getting volunteers, promoting your event through your social media, setup and break down. We are here to help but this is your party. -A party can be in public places (parks, playgrounds, neutral grounds of busy intersection, outside of large events or festivals). Businesses must provide consent if held at one. -A party can be in your neighborhood for just your neighbors and/or the public -A private party can be held at social or neighborhood organization -A party can be at your home for invited guests How to Host a Signing Party Contact us and let us know where your party will be. Let us know what type of party you are planning and the details (where, when, how many volunteers and a good time for a planner to give you a call to discuss your party). Schedule a time to come to one of our events to observe, train and pick up your Recall Success Packet. The process of collection signatures matters and must be done correctly Once the details have been finalized with your party planner and your event has been added to the website please promote every way you can After your event, turn in your signature pages ASAP
The petition is submitted to the Registrar of Voters' Office for certification.
The Registrar of Voters certifies the petition within 20 working days after it is presented to them.
The petition is forwarded to the governor. The governor issues an election proclamation within 15 days of receipt of the petition.
The recall goes to vote (primary election). If the recall passes, the mayor is recalled and the office is vacated.
Because Cantrell's unexpired term exceeds one year, council members will vote to appoint one of the two council-members-at-large to be acting Mayor during the period from the occurrence of the vacancy until a new mayor is elected and assumes office.
A special election will be held and a new mayor will be voted into office. The recalled official cannot be a candidate in the special election to fill the vacancy. In other words, LaToya Cantrell cannot run again.